We all dream of attending college after High School, but one challenge we may face is choosing a university for schooling as there are several beautiful schools to settle on from.
Montana could be a very selective school. Furthermore, to help you, we will bring all the information you need to know about the University of Montana acceptance rate in this article.
- Brief History Of University of Montana
- Why Choose Montana?
- What is University of Montana Rankings
- University of Montana Acceptance Rate by Major
- What is University of Montana Acceptance Rate?
- What is Montana Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What are the Necessary Requirements for Montana?
- Required Application Materials
- Montana Admission Requirements for International Students
- Montana Transfer Requirements
- Montana GPA Requirements
- What are Montana Deadlines?
- Montana Deadlines for Transfer Applications
- Montana Deadlines for Freshman Application
- How to Apply to Montana
- Montana Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Brief History Of University of Montana
The University of Montana-Missoula (often simply referred to as the U of M or UM) is a public research university located in Missoula, Montana. Founded in 1893, the university is the flagship campus of the four-campus University of Montana System and is its largest institution.
The main campus is located at the foot of Mount Sentinel, the mountain bearing Missoula’s most recognizable landmark, a large hillside letter “M.” Since its charter was issued in 1893, UM has been the state’s center of higher education.
It is a major source of research, continuing education, economic development, and fine arts, as well as a driving force in strengthening Montana’s ties with countries throughout the world.
UM reported 10,962 undergraduate and graduate students in the fall of 2018.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
Why Choose Montana?
Montana state university is internationally recognized as The Center for World University Rankings ranks MSU in the top five percent of universities in the world, as well as among the top 175 colleges in the U.S. and the No. 1 university in Montana.
Also, MSU provides a good range of diverse opportunities academically as well as in the community and extra-curricular.
Don’t Fail to Also Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate 2022| Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
What is University of Montana Rankings
There are several factors that qualify a school’s ranking. It takes hard work, several years of striving, and diligence to have a worthwhile ranking.
These factors fall into nine broad areas: graduation and retention, graduation rate performance, graduate indebtedness, social mobility, faculty resources, expert opinion, financial resources, student excellence, and alumni giving.
Montana has earned several rankings, and they include:
- #1 in Best Colleges and Universities in Montana (College Consensus)
- #2 in Best College Locations in Montana (Niche)
- #2 in Top Universities in Montana (UniRank)
- #4 in Best Colleges in Montana (College Simply)
- #4 in Colleges With the Best Professors in Montana (Niche)
- #7 in Best Colleges in Montana (College Factual)
- #8 in Top 10 Colleges in Montana (Best Colleges)
- #119 in the West (Forbes)
University of Montana Acceptance Rate by Major
The QS World University Rankings by majors are usually compiled annually to help prospective students identify the leading universities in a particular subject.
Furthermore, it is worth knowing that research citations and the results of major global surveys of employers and academics are used to rank universities.
Here is the University of Montana acceptance rate by majors includes;
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services 17%
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences 13%
- Social Sciences 11%
- Visual and Performing Arts 10%
- Natural Resources and Conservation 9%
- Psychology 7%
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs 6%
- Education 5%
- English Language and Literature/Letters 4%
- Health Professions and Related Programs 3%
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What is University of Montana Acceptance Rate?
Nearly all applicants get an offer to enroll at the University of Montana. With a very high acceptance rate of 94%, the institution is a less selective school.
The University of Montana would make an excellent addition to one’s college list as a match or safety school. This is especially true since it’s not just any flagship school — it’s a flagship with a high acceptance rate.
With an acceptance rate of 94%, your chances of getting admitted into University of Montana are very good.
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is Montana Transfer Acceptance Rate?
In 2019, the University of Montana received 1548 transfer applicants.
Furthermore, The school accepted 1340 students. Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for the University of Montana is 86.56%.
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What are the Necessary Requirements for Montana?
Admission requirements are those specific minimum criteria a school must use when accepting a student into the school. It is crucial to get these requirements if you do not have them yet.
These requirements include;
- Graduation from an accredited High School
- MSU Academic requirements
- A 2.5 cumulative high school grade-point average (on a 4.0 scale), OR
- ACT Composite score of 22, OR
- SAT Combined Critical Reading/Mathematics/Writing score of 1540 (prior to March 2016), OR
- SAT Total Score of 1120 (after March 2016), OR
- Rank in the upper half of the graduating class
- Successful completion of a College Preparatory Curriculum.
Required Application Materials
These are, however, the necessary admission requirements for Montana, which must be adhered to:
- Application Form and Fee.
- Official High School Transcript.
- SAT or ACT Scores (optional).
- Official English Proficiency Exam Scores (non-native English speakers only) .
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- Résumé / List of Activities.
Students should apply online by completing the Common Application. The application form and a $38 fee must be submitted to be considered for admission.
You Can Apply to this less competitive school: West Point Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarship
Montana Admission Requirements for International Students
It is usually notable that most schools have international students to boost their awareness of cultural diversity and tolerance. Most Schools accept so many international students, and Montana is not left out.
Montana International Admissions
- High school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or 85% or higher grade.
- Official high school transcripts.
- Local or state board scores.
- Academic LOR.
- Admissions essay or personal state.
- Course evaluation for transfer students.
- Standardized SAT/ACT scores ( These are optional)
Montana Transfer Requirements
You are a transfer student if you have completed coursework during a regular session at a college or university after high school (the summer session immediately following high school graduation does not count).
Montana Transfer Requirements include;
Applicants will be considered for admission based on transferable credits from all previously attended regionally accredited colleges or universities. Usually, a 2.0 (or C average) cumulative transferable GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required to be accepted for admission in good academic standing. Transfer students start with a new GPA upon enrolling at MSU.
Note that Students who do not meet the 2.0 cumulative transferable GPA are still encouraged to apply for admission and submit the necessary credentials.
Montana State University will examine each student’s credentials on an individual case for admissibility.
Lastly, students who do not meet the requirements may be admitted on University Probation and need to earn a 2.0 or higher GPA upon completing the first term at MSU to be in good academic standing.
Credentials that would be needed include;
- Admissions Application:
- Application Fee (non-refundable):
- Official College/University Transcripts:
- Advanced Placement (AP):
- International Baccalaureate (IB):
Don’t Fail to Also Check Out: WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
Montana GPA Requirements
Whether a GPA is good or not depends on your personal and academic objectives and on the university and study programme you choose. Usually, a GPA of 3.0 – 3.5 is considered good enough at many high schools, colleges, and universities. Top academic institutions usually require GPAs higher than 3.5.
However, the average GPA of admitted first-year students of University of Montana is 3.55.
Read Through: Suffolk University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What are Montana Deadlines?
Many universities usually accept transfer applications during each semester. For this reason, we break down University of Montana transfer deadline by fall, winter, spring and summer.
|Closing Date||Reported Deadline|
|Fall Transfer Deadline||Rolling|
|Winter Transfer Deadline|
|Spring Transfer Deadline||Rolling|
|Summer Transfer Deadline||Rolling|
See Also: RIT Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
Montana Deadlines for Transfer Applications
If you applied to transfer to University of Montana on or before the reported deadlines then you should have your decision date by the notification dates in the below table.
|Fall Transfer Deadline||Rolling|
|Winter Transfer Deadline|
|Spring Transfer Deadline||Rolling|
|Spring Transfer Deadline||Rolling|
Also Read Through: UNCG Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
Montana Deadlines for Freshman Application
Application for Fall 2022 closes Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022.
Regular Decision Deadlines
Regular Decision actually entails you are not registering in the first set of those who applied. Which means your admission might come around spring which is between late March till ending April. The deadlines are set below.
- Fall semester – July 1.
- Spring semester – December 1.
- Summer session – May 1.
How to Apply to Montana
There are several types of students who usually apply to several schools, and they all submit their Applications differently. Now let’s talk about it.
You are a freshman if you are just fresh out of high school or you have not attempted any 12 or more college-level credits.
Usually, for Montana, freshman application is usually a three process which are;
- To apply online or for a paper application, click on the school application link http://umt.edu and choose the term you would like to start. You can also apply to UM using the Common Application.
- Note that your test scores are optional, as ACT/SAT test scores are not required for admission to the University of Montana.
- You must send or upload an unofficial transcript when you apply. It is important that you send UM your official high school transcript upon graduation.
- Also, note that the transcript must include your date of graduation and final GPA. The HiSET and GED are also acceptable
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
You can apply as a transfer student if you have attempted 12 or more credits at another college or university. Transfer students may also apply to UM using the Common Application.
You are an international student if you are coming from outside the U.S., or you are living in the U.S. under an F, B, H, J, L, or M Visa.
Montana is a very wonderful school which has everything a student can ever need. This article was geared towards showcasing the good features of Montana and we hope its a perfect choice for you.
Montana Frequently Asked Questions
Students will need to self-report their GPA, list their academic history, and send us their official ACT/SAT scores. We do not require personal essays or letters of recommendation to consider you for admission.
Admission. Missoula College has a rolling admission policy. This means we are continuously evaluating applications on a space-available basis until the term begins. Although applying early is strongly recommended, we understand your choice for college is an important one.
Students not requiring frequent use of vehicles are discouraged from bringing vehicles to campus.
- Wikipedia.com Best colleges Montana
- campusreel.com Montana Requirements
- Usnews.com Montana Rankings
- umt.edu freshman undergraduate Requirements
- Collegedunia.com international requirements Montana
- niche.com History of Montana
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA