UNCG acceptance rate is very high as a result, increases competition and selectivity. Getting admitted as one of the student in this university is quite easy, this and many more information are what you need to know about before sending your application.
So in this article, everything you’ll need to know about this institution has been carefully put down and all you have to do is to read carefully to avoid making littleerrors.
- History Of UNCG
- Why choose University of North Carolina at Greensboro?
- What Is UNCG Acceptance Rate 2022?
- What Is UNCG Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- How Much Is UNCG Tuition?
- UNCG Acceptance Rate By Major
- What Is UNCG Admission Requirements?
- How To Apply To UNCG
- UNCG Transfer Requirements
- What Is UNCG GPA Requirements?
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro Deadlines
- UNCG Decision Dates
- UNCG Acceptance Rate 2022 FAQs
History Of UNCG
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) is a public research university located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
It was found in 1891 by Charles Duncan Mclver. After establishing this institution, Mclver served as its first chief executive officer and also a president.
Over the years, UNCG saw through many names, changing from the initial name, state normal industrial school to state normal industrial college in 1896.
It went through several name changed till it finally admitted Its first male students in 1963 then the name became university of north Carolina at Greensboro.
Why choose University of North Carolina at Greensboro?
UNCG is part of the university of north Carolina system and just like other members of the UNC system, it is an independent university that awards its own degrees.
It is accredited by the southern association of colleges and schools commission on colleges to award a bachelors degree, Masters degree, a specialist degree and of course a doctoral degree.
This university offers over 100 undergraduate programs, 61 masters program and 26 doctoral programs. UNCG alone has 11 colleges and schools for a more improved learning system.
Choosing this university is one of the best choices anyone can make. Do you want to know why? Just keep reading.
What Is UNCG Acceptance Rate 2022?
UNCG acceptance rate is one of the many requirements you need to know about before putting together your application to study there.
UNCG acceptance rate 2022 is 87.5% . This is a really high and moderate acceptance rate as it make it more competitive and selective to get in the school.
UNC Greensboro acceptance rate is this high because the institution is bent on making education easy for all but it still doesn’t change the fact that only qualified students who meets the basic requirements will get admitted. This acceptance rate isn’t forstate applicants alone,it also includes international applicants.
What Is UNCG Transfer Acceptance Rate?
UNCG acceptance rate for transfer applicants is 91.9%. During Fall 2019, UNCG received about 3323 transfer applicants but the school admitted 3054 students.
This doesn’t mean its easy to transfer into UNCG, it just shows you how competitive it is to transfer as out of every 100 transfer applicants, just 73 students are admitted.
This is because UNCG is committed to improving student collaboration and innovation which can be achieved by accepting more transfer students.
How Much Is UNCG Tuition?
University of North Carolina at Greensboro tuition is made affordable for all and this has made it become recognized nationally and not just for that, for the academic experience given to the students.
UNCG tuition for in-state students is $7,406 while the tuition for out of state students is $22,565. The amount listed above is for tuition alone but for other fees like the personal expensesit all depends on the student. However, we have been able to estimate the cost of studying at UNCG.
- Room and board: $5,626
- Meals (using the university’s meal plan): $3,797
- Total for in-state students: $16,829
- Total for out-of-state students: $31,988
UNCG Acceptance Rate By Major
UNCG acceptance rate is somewhat selective and as you must’ve already known, UNCG offers several majors and most of the popular majors have their own acceptance rate while the others have the general UNCG acceptance rate. Below are the popular majors and their acceptance rate
- Business, management, marketing and related support services: 20%
- Health professions and related programs: 8%
- Visual and performing arts: 8%
- Social sciences: 7%
- Park, recreation, leisure, fitness and kinesiology: 6%
- Education: 6%
- Communication, journalism and related programs: 6%
- Family, consumer sciences/human sciences: 6%
- Psychology: 5%
- Biological and biomedical sciences: 5%
To know more about the other majors offered in UNCG and their degree awarding certificate, kindly check on the school’s website using the link at the end of this article.
What Is UNCG Admission Requirements?
UNCG admits just the best students and being the best means you need to meet the requirements. Below are the list of necessary requirements you need to study at UNCG
- Application fee of $65 (you can request for a fee waiver)
- Completed online application (via UNCG students portal, common app or CFNC)
- Community standards questionnaire
- Official high school transcripts
- Official transcripts from any post secondary institution attended
- Official SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- Essay (optional)
Additional Requirements For International Students
- Essay/statement of purpose
- English proficiency test scores
- Financial support documents (proof of financial funds)
- Copy of passport for verification (photo and signature page only)
- Copy of valid F1 visa (photo and signature page only)
- Official SAT/ACT scores
- Recommendation letter
Additional Requirements For Graduate Admissions
- GRE/GMAT score (for graduate admission)
- Reference from two academic professionals
- Resume or curriculum vitae
How To Apply To UNCG
- Apply through the common app
- Submit your personal details
- Submit your valid educational details (transcripts and school reports)
- Share details of extracurricular activities
- Submit any writtenessay on any of the topic available during the application.
UNCG Transfer Requirements
- An overall and transferrable GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete online application
- Application fee of $65
- A minimum of 24 hours of college level transferrable course from an institution accredited by the accrediting commission for community and junior colleges (ACCJC) or any other accrediting body.
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts
Ensure to submit all the required documents including the $65 application fee to be sure your application is complete.
What Is UNCG GPA Requirements?
University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) admit students with an average GPA of 3.7. This GPA implies that UNCG is quite selective and often times, most universities try to increase their prestige and selectivity by increasing their GPA.
You can’t read the mind of the UNCG admission offices so to play safe, just thrive for a GPA of 4.0
University of North Carolina at Greensboro Deadlines
The school accepts intakes for three academic seasons and they include Fall, spring and summer. UNCG operates under a rolling admission so the earlier you apply, the better it is for you. The admission process typically takes four to six weeks once the application is received.
- Fall:March 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: June 10
- Transfer deadlines
- Fall: March 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: May 1 (summer session 1) June 2 (summer session 2)
UNCG Decision Dates
The admission officers at UNCG are not lenient of late admission applications. Applicants who choose UNCG as first choice are expected to apply through the early decision plans to ensure a fast admission consideration.
- Early action: November 1st
- Decision notification: December 15
- Early-action 2: December 1
- Decision notification: January 30
- Regular decision: March 1
- Decision notification: after 4-6weeks
UNCG is a highly recognized public institution globally as their admission process is very fair and made easy for all. I want to believe that you have gotten all the necessary information you need on UNCG through this article to enable you make the right decision. In any case, I wish you the best of luck.
UNCG Acceptance Rate 2022 FAQs
UNCG is widely known for the best undergraduate school for business and the best undergraduate institution for computer science. The school continues to be highly recognized in several national ranking lists for affordability, access and academic excellence. They are also known for making various online classes and programs available to not only state students
The school is one of the many public research universities that is very easy to get into as the acceptance rate alone already says it all. UNCG is very easy to get into this university. It only requires you to have a good GPA, SAT/ACT scores and complete application requirements. It is one of the most flexible institutions that makes the admission process easy for students thereby making it easy to get into.
UNCG offers merit based scholarship and financial aid to help offset the cost of studying there. These scholarships are given to students with high academic achievements which makes it very competitive.
University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a very great school for anyone irrespective of their race and nationality. It has a really diverse campus in a diverse city and there are a lot of activities to keep you engaged. The graduates from this school end up securing a high salary position while enjoying a successful career.
- uncg.edu – Apply and study at UNCG
- Bentley University Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Harvey Mudd College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Vassar College Acceptance Rate 2022 And Admission Requirements
- CalArts Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships