Do you wish to apply to UMass Lowell but don’t know the acceptance rate, average GPA and admission requirements of the school? Here is an article on the right information you need to know before applying to the school.
So sit tight and read!!!
A public research institution with its main campus in Haverhill, Massachusetts, the University of Massachusetts Lowell is frequently referred to as UMass Lowell.
It is also the second-largest university in the state and the biggest in the Merrimack Valley, this esteemed institution of the US Educational System has been accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) since 1975.
Furthermore, the University provides more than 100 undergraduate majors, 40 or more master’s degrees, and more than 30 doctoral programs to its international applicants, who come from over 60 different nations.
The student to faculty ratio at the university is 17:1, with 1,110 academics and 1,150 staff personnel. The organization grants more than 179 million USD in financial help annually, making it a well-liked institution for studying in the USA.
- Why Choose UMass Lowell?
- What Are The Courses Offered in UMass Lowell?
- What is the UMass Lowell Acceptance Rate?
- What is UMass Lowell Tuition?
- What is UMass Lowell Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is UMass Lowell Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Necessary Requirements For UMass Lowell?
- What Are the Transfer Requirements For UMass Lowell?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into UMass Lowell?
- What is The UMass Lowell Deadline?
- What Are The UMass Lowell Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Why Choose UMass Lowell?
Wondering why you should choose this school?
Undergraduate and graduate degree programs at UMass Lowell are cost effective, experience-based, and taught by highly esteemed faculty who engage in research to broaden the field of knowledge and sustainable practices.
Also, thanks to recognized programs, a focus on experiential learning, and individual attention from skilled instructors and committed staff, its students are more successful than ever.
In addition, UMass Lowell is the best location to find and fulfill your purpose, whether you are already on a career path or are still looking.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
What Are The Courses Offered in UMass Lowell?
UMass Lowell offers UpTo 126 Courses. Some of the include:
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Analytics
- Information Technology
- Energy Engineering
- Cybersecurity Studies
- Healthcare Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Environmental Studies
- Biology – Bioinformatics
Don’t Fail to Also Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate 2022| Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
What is the UMass Lowell Acceptance Rate?
UMass has an acceptance rate of 75%. Over 18,000 students are enrolled at the university, and over 12% of them are Asian.
Through its 5 colleges, UMass Lowell provides more than 170 academic programs. Engineering, business, health sciences, humanities, and social sciences, and other fields are all covered by programs at UMass Lowell.
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is UMass Lowell Tuition?
The cost of attending UMass Lowell in 2022 is $33,624 for out-of-state students and $15,698 for in-state students.
However, tuition for out-of-country students is $36,525.
The International Fee and the Health Insurance Fee are also included in the international price.
What is UMass Lowell Transfer Acceptance Rate?
At University of Massachusetts-Lowell, transfer students make up 40.0% of the total student body.
However, 1759 transfer candidates applied to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell in 2022. 1608 students were admitted by the school.
Consequently, the University of Massachusetts-transfer Lowell’s acceptance percentage is 91.42 percent.
This demonstrates how less challenging it is to enroll at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell.
What is UMass Lowell Acceptance Rate By Major?
UMass Lowell offers many majors. These majors and their acceptance rates include:
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services- 21%
- Engineering- 21%
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services- 11%
- Health Professions and Related Programs- 10%
- Psychology- 7%
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services- 7%
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences- 4%
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities- 4%
- Visual and Performing Arts- 4%
- Social Sciences- 3%
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What Are The Necessary Requirements For UMass Lowell?
The materials listed below must be included on a completed application for undergraduate admission to UMass Lowell.
- A finished Coalition for College Applications, UMass Lowell Application, or Common Application.
- An application charge or a fee exclusion.
- Your result on the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) (ACT). (At the moment, UMass Lowell is only looking at the SAT’s math and critical reading portions.)
- Your academic record.
- A 250–650 word personal statement in response to a Common Application
- A recommendation letter from a person who has experience recommending you (a teacher, college counselor, coach, employer, etc.).
- You must submit a TOEFL/ELPT test result if English is not your first language or if your mode of instruction is not in English.
- Applicants for the music department must perform an admission audition.
- Those applying in the arts and design must present a portfolio.
- All majors have a No-Test option, which UMass Lowell is pleased to provide.
For applicants for transfers
- The fee for applications
- They consider an official high school transcript an official academic record.
- Although not necessary, a SAT or ACT score may be provided.
- Official college transcripts from every institution attended, sent directly to UMass Lowell through the Registrar’s office.
- If you were educated at a previous institution where the language of instruction was not English or if English is not your native language, Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo scores are required as proof of English language proficiency.
- Grades at the Midpoint of the Session
- Transfer College Report
- Special Notes for Particular Degree Programs
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What Are the Transfer Requirements For UMass Lowell?
The transfer requirements for UMass Lowell include:
Medical Records: Complete records are required by health services. Such records are required by state law, and failure to possess them will prevent future registration for classes.
Course Information: Bring as much information as you can on the courses you’ve taken at other universities. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at UMass Lowell’s transfer evaluations, copies of transcripts, grade reports from the most recent semester, course descriptions and syllabi, and copies of the most current grade reports are among these.
Note that Admissions must receive authentic transcripts straight from the school.
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What is The GPA Needed To Get into UMass Lowell?
University of Massachusetts Lowell needs you to have a GPA of 3.6 and to rank higher than the majority of your high school classmates.
A combination of A and B grades is required, preferably with more A grades than B. Harder coursework, such as AP or IB courses, might make up for a low GPA.
What is The UMass Lowell Deadline?
For every application, there is a deadline. Here are the deadlines for application to UMass Lowell:
Fall semester: August 15 (this deadline is a priority deadline; they will consider completed applications after this date).
Also, August 2nd is the deadline for International Transfer Applicants.
Spring semester: January 7 (this includes the application itself and all transcripts and other supporting documentation). The deadline of December 12 is for International Transfer Applicants.
What Are The UMass Lowell Decision Dates?
The UMass Lowell decision dates for Admission include:
- Regular Decision: February 5
- Rolling Decision: August 1
In this article, we have stated all you need to know about the acceptance rate, average GPA, and admission requirements of UMass Lowell.
We hope you find it helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Transferable students must have completed 12 or more credits with a 2.5 GPA, 23 credits with a 2.0 GPA, or 24 credits or more with a 2.0 GPA.
More than 18,000 students attend the university.
Considering that UMass Lowell has an acceptance rate of 75 percent and is just mildly selective, being accepted there is not all that difficult.
All majors at the university have pathway possibilities.
- uml.edu– Undergraduate Tuition Full-time 2021-2022
- google.com– University of Massachusetts-Lowell Transfers: 2022 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
- uml.edu– Application & Requirements
- prepscholar.com– University of Massachusetts Lowell SAT Scores and GPA
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA