In recent years, Stanford transfer acceptance rate has been unsteady and by that it means it has been between 1.15% and 2%.
However, the rate that has been in use for as long as anyone can remember is 1.15% and although the Stanford transfer acceptance rate has not been released for 2022 you should expect it to be in line with previous years.
If you’re interested in transferring to Stanford University, be sure to make thorough research on the school and put in your very best during your application.
As a student who wants to transfer to Stanford University, a high GPA and strong test scores will certainly increase your chance of getting accepted.
- Brief History of Stanford University
- Why Choose Stanford University As A Transfer Student?
- What Is Stanford University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What Is Stanford University Transfer Acceptance Rate By Major?
- Stanford University Transfer Requirements For Transfer Students
- Eligibility And Transfer Credit For Stanford University
- Stanford University Transfer GPA Requirements
- What Is Stanford University Tuition Fee For Transfer Students?
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Dates
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate FAQs
- Editor’s Recommendation
Brief History of Stanford University
Stanford University was found in 1885 by Leland Stanford and Jane Stanford in memory of their only child Leland Stanford Jr. The school admitted its first students on October 1, 1891 and it existed as non-denominational and coeducational institution.
After the death of Leland Stanford in 1893, the school struggled financially but with the help of several organizations and friends who saw a future in Stanford University, the university became more organized around seven colleges on the same campus.
Today, Stanford University is a top-tier university with a low acceptance rate. The school started from a little humble beginning, but today it is one of the highly recognized institutions in the world.
Why Choose Stanford University As A Transfer Student?
Stanford University is ranked among top private university in the world. It has three schools that consists of about 40 academic department as well as four professional schools that focuses mainly on graduate programs in education, law, business and medicine to choose from.
It offers a friendly and welcoming campus community that makes it easy for transfer students to easily adapt to the school’s system. Stanford has some of the best resources including world-class libraries and laboratories.
At Stanford, most transferred students feel confident that they’re getting a really good education from one of the most prestigious university globally. Stanford University also offers financial aid to transfer students whose families earn less than $125,000and those who earn higher have their tuition fee significantly reduced.
What Is Stanford University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
Stanford University has a transfer acceptance rate of 1.15%. This means that out of the thousands of transfer applicants who apply to the university, only 27 students are accepted each year.
This university has one of the most exclusive transfer acceptance rate and this indicates how hard it is to transfer.
What Is Stanford University Transfer Acceptance Rate By Major?
There’s no specific Stanford university transfer acceptance rate for various majors especially for transfer students at Stanford University.
Even if Stanford University has a wide range of majors and each one probably has a different acceptance rate, it just isn’t the same for transfer students in essence, all the majors have the relatively high acceptance rate of 1.15%.
On the other hand, majors like medicine and engineering have really high competitions so when considering your major, it’s important to weigh the level of competition against the acceptance rate.
If you’re still set on a specific major, then you’ll need to work extra hard to make sure your application is as strong as it can be as a transfer student.
But if you’re not exactly sure about what you want to study, then you should try to consider a major with less competition.
Stanford University Transfer Requirements For Transfer Students
To be eligible to apply to Stanford University as a transfer student in the first place, you must meet the basic requirements and if you don’t, you application will not be considered.
- Application through the common app or coalition app
- Non refundable application fee of $90 or a few waiver request can be made
- ACT/SAT test scores
- Official high school transcript from every university/college attended
- Letter of recommendation from two academic instructors
- A college report (must be completed by a school official that provides information on your academic standing at your past institution)
Eligibility And Transfer Credit For Stanford University
- Those eligible to apply for transfer are students who have completed the high school education and have also completed courses for their college credit in a bachelors degree program or an associate program.
- Those who have completed their transfer coursework at an accredited degree granting institution. This means that coursework completed in a technical, performance or vocational program institute will not be considered.
- Applicants who have a high school diploma or the state equivalent of a high school diploma or even a GED is eligible to apply.
The transfer credit is usually thoroughly reviewed and granted by the Stanford’s office of the registrar according to the policy of the faculty senate officer. Stanford university has no articulation agreement with any institution but a course generally receives a transfer credit if it meets the following conditions;
- It is completed at an accredited University
- It is somewhat similar to courses offered at Stanford
- It is completed with a grade of C or higher
- It does not regress any previous coursework
If you meet all the basic requirements above, you can start the application process. After submitting your application and it has been received, the university will send you an acknowledgement email that your application is being processed.
You’re expected to check your Stanford portal regularly to track the receipt of all the required materials to be sure no error was made.
Once all of this is complete, the university will make a decision on your admission and notify you of their decision.
Stanford University Transfer GPA Requirements
A minimum GPA of 3.5 is required for all prospective transfer applicants who want to gain admission into Stanford university.
It is still considered competitive for most applicants and keep in mind, the 3.5 GPA is not the received from high school, but in college classes taken from previous institution.
What Is Stanford University Tuition Fee For Transfer Students?
Stanford University uses a standard student budget to the typical transfer student. This budget is based on the estimated cost of tuition, allowance for other fees that transfer students are usually charged, a standard amount for board/room and allowances for books and supplies, transportation and personal expenses.
- Tuition: $57,693
- Room and board: $18,619
- Student allowance fee: $2,145
- Books and supplies: $1,350
- Personal expenses: $2,355
- Document fee: $250
- Orientation fee: $525
- Total: $82,937
Stanford Transfer Acceptance Dates
- Application deadline with or without optional arts portfolio: March 15
- Materials for arts portfolio deadline: March 20
- Last acceptable SAT test date: Early December
- Last acceptable ACT test date: Early February
- Notification of missing documents deadline: Mid April
- Decision date: May 15
- Student reply date: June 1
Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate FAQs
Stanford university does require an essay answer and as a matter of fact, when you’re applying with the common app or coalition app, the Stanford short essay questions are really good opportunities to tell Stanford your reason for transferring, your future goals and your personal activities or interests. Who knows? This might actually increase your admission chance.
Stanford University allows the chance to waive the application fee and one of the ways you can request for one is by selecting the fee waiver option when you submit your application. However, in order to have your fee waiver approved you must do one the following;
· Download and print the National association for college admission counseling (NACAC) transfer fee waiver form and select the second option on the second page. Request a for a signature from an official verifying your eligibility for a fee waiver and submit the form as an attachment to an email to Credentials@stanford.edu
· Download and print the National association for college admission counseling (NACAC) transfer fee waiver form and select option 1 on the second page. Then submit the form with a copy of your most recent student aid report (SAR) as an email attachment to Credentials@stanford.edu
There is no minimum test score required to be admitted into Stanford University as a transfer student as there is really no score that guarantees admission.
Stanford University requires just a small number of transfer students each year which is why the acceptance rate is very low. As long as you meet the basic necessity required from you by the school, then you have no issue with getting in.
To make things easier for you, everything you need to know about Stanford University transfer acceptance rate and as a transfer student has been carefully put together in this article and am sure if you keep reading, you might end up seeing some admission hints as a transfer student.
stanford.edu – Apply As Transfer Applicant
- Embry Riddle Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- West Point Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarship
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships