Oberlin, Ohio brags about having the most coeducational institutionin the United States. Oberlin college acceptance rate is suitable for prospective students but it doesn’t change the fact that the acceptance rate is still quite competitive.
They’re specific requirements you would need for admission into Oberlin College and as you read through, you’ll gain knowledge om all you need to know about admission into Oberlin college including relevant admission hints.
- About Oberlin College
- Why Choose Oberlin College?
- What Is Oberlin Acceptance Rate?
- What Is Oberlin College Tuition?
- What Is Oberlin College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- Oberlin College Transfer Deadline
- Oberlin College Acceptance Rate By Major
- Oberlin College Admission Requirements
- Oberlin College Transfer Requirements
- Oberlin College GPA Requirements
- Oberlin College Deadlines
- What Are Oberlin College Decision Dates?
- Oberlin Acceptance Rate FAQs
About Oberlin College
Oberlin College is a private liberal arts college and conservatory of musicin Oberlin, Ohio. Oberlin is known as the oldest coeducational liberal arts institution in the United States.
It is also the second oldest continuous operating coeducational institute of higher learning globally. It is one of the religious college with the highest number of students.
The aim of the founders of this college is to create a big community of Christian families through a religious school and it should be a center of religious influence and power which would work mightily upon the country and upon the world’s surrounding.
Why Choose Oberlin College?
The college of sciences and arts offers over 50 majors, concentrations and minors.
Oberlin college is ranked 33 as the best liberal arts college nationally, 11 as the most innovative college and 12 as the best in undergraduate teaching among other liberal arts college.
What does this mean for you? This means that Oberlin has proven to be one of the best colleges nationally and since its founding, it has graduated 20 Truman scholars, 4 Rome winners, 12 MacArthur fellows, 16 Rhodes scholar and many more reputable positions in the world.
What Is Oberlin Acceptance Rate?
Oberlin college ranks as one of the colleges with the least selective acceptance rate. World report and the US news has classified this university as the moderately selective school amongst other institutions.
Oberlin college acceptance rate is 35.4% but for early decision applicants the acceptance rate is 37.4%.
The college receives over 5,000 applicants every year but they still try to admit just the deserving students. Oberlin college acceptance rate signifies that for every 100 applicants that apply, they accept just 35 students.
What Is Oberlin College Tuition?
The approved undergraduate tuition fee for Oberlin College is $59,384. This tuition fee does not include other fees like the room and personal expenses fees, to male it easier for you, the estimated expenses has been listed below.
- Tuition: $59,384
- Housing: $8,858
- Meal plan: $8,996
- Additional fees: $996
- Books: $930
- Personal expenses: $978
- Student health insurance (can be waived): $2,184
- Total cost: $82,239
What Is Oberlin College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
Oberlin college acceptance rate for transfer students is just like most private colleges own. The transfer acceptance rate for Oberlin College is 32.37%.
This rate being this moderate doesn’t mean it’s not competitive, every year this college receives a lot of applicants and they have just limited space available which means they accept only the best transfer students.
Oberlin College Transfer Deadline
So many private liberal arts institutionaccepts transfer students’ application for two seasons. For this reason, Oberlin college also receives transfer students for spring and fall alone.
The transfer deadline for spring intake is November 15 while the deadline for admission for fall season is April 1.
Oberlin College Acceptance Rate By Major
Oberlin college and conservatory offers various majors with their rewarding award degrees which includes diploma, bachelors, post bachelors and the masters degree.
Most of these majors are quite competitive which results to them having their own acceptance rate. Below are the majors offered at Oberlin college.
- Africana Studies
- Archeological studies
- Art history
- Cinema studies
- Classical civilization
- Comparative American studies
- Comparative literature
- Creative writing
- East Asian studies
- Environmental studies
- Gender, sexuality and feminine studies
- Greek language
- Hispanic studies
- Jewish studies
- Latin American studies
- Latin language
- Law and society
- Russian and east European studies
- Studio art
The faculty student ratio at Oberlin College is 9:1; this implies that 81.6% of eachclass has fewer than 20 students. Below are the popular majors with their very own acceptance rate.
- Musical studies: 15%
- Political science and government: 8%
- Psychology: 7%
- Biology, biological sciences: 7%
- History: 7%
- Environmental studies: 6%
- Computer and information sciences: 6%
- Economics: 6%
- English language and literature: 5%
Oberlin College Admission Requirements
- Application through the common app or coalition app
- Early decision agreement (for those applying with the early decision)
- Essay question answers
- Secondary school report
- High school transcript
- 2 academic teacher’s evaluation
- Supplements that highlights a special achievement, interest or talent
- SAT/ACT test results
Additional requirements for international students
- English proficiency results (IELTS/TOEFL/Duolingo)
- International certificate of finance form
- Interview (optional but recommended)
Oberlin College Transfer Requirements
Oberlin college acceptance rate is 32.37% for transfer students and although it might seem easy to beat but Oberlin college receives so many applications each season and they take only the best of the best students.
Transfer applicants must meet all the requirements to stand a shot at getting admitted into Oberlin College. The requirements include;
- Completion of a full semester after graduating from high school
- A minimum of 16 transferable credit (64 semester hours)
- Application through the common app
- High school transcript (must be sent directly from high school)
- Official college transcript (sent directly from your college)
- SAT/ACT scores results
- 2 letters of recommendation (must be sent through the common app)
- College report
- Mid term report
Oberlin College GPA Requirements
Oberlin College is a very high competitive school to get into and applicants must have really good grades to get admitted. The GPA requirement for Oberlin is 3.57 on a 4.0 GPA scale.
Oberlin College Deadlines
Oberlin College accepts new intakes for fall and spring. All prospective students are allowed to apply in any of the intake season. The tentative deadline for the intake season are as follows;
- Fall intake: April 1
- Spring intake: November 15
What Are Oberlin College Decision Dates?
Oberlin collegeoffers two early decision planswhich is the early decision 1 and early decision 2.
- Deadline: November 15
- Notification date: December 15
- Reply/deposit deadline: January 2
- Early decision 2
- Deadline: January 2
- Notification date: February 1
- Reply/deposit deadline: February 15
- Regular decision
- Deadline: January 15
- Notification date: April 1
- Reply/deposit deadline: May 1
Oberlin college is a well respected religious school and apart from the fact that Oberlin acceptance rate is moderately selective, the students in this university are given the opportunity to acquire knowledge in a very comfortable learning environment.
It comes with a lot of benefits like receiving premium access to highly qualified professors and specialists, outstanding research opportunities are available and it offers an international exchange program for those willing to study abroad. This and many more benefits are what you set out to gain if you take the decision of studying at Oberlin college. Good luck.
Oberlin Acceptance Rate FAQs
No, it doesn’t. However, through the help of a dedicated pre-medical health advisor, Oberlin College is able to prepare students for a health/medical career. This method is intended to promote a wider and broader understanding of health for students planning to take part in the health profession.
Even if Oberlin college has a moderate acceptance rate, the institution still has standards and a high requirement especially when it comes to academic grades. They generally admit students who score in the top 10 percent with SAT score of 1587/1600 and ACT score of 25/33. They typically accept A+ and B+ students irrespective of the race and ethnicity of the person.
Oberlin college is ranked 37 in the list of the best liberal arts college in the nation, 20 on the list of the best private institution for music, 32 best college with no application fee and many more top ranking position has Oberlin college acquired. This institution is recognized all over the nation as one of the best private school of increasing knowledge.
No, it can’t. Oberlin College is one of the few private colleges that offers just 3 graduate programs and none is offered online.
- oberlin.edu – Student Life And Affairs At Oberlin College
- Davidson Acceptance Rate 2022 | Admissions, Courses & Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements