People often wonder, why choose Gettysburg College? What’s so special about this school, even with its acceptance rate very high?
The truth is, we are challenged with the decision of looking for colleges to suit the career and professions we have chosen for ourselves. Other times we do not yet have a plan and we look for a school and go with a major they offer.
Gettysburg is very a selective co-educational school with an acceptance rate of 48%.
The admissions process at Gettysburg is highly selective and the admissions staff give careful consideration to each application.
This article has helped bridge the gap between you and the school by bringing information to you about the current Gettysburg College Acceptance Rate.
- Brief History of Gettysburg University
- Why Choose Gettysburg?
- Gettysburg Ratings
- What is Gettysburg College Acceptance Rate?
- What are the Necessary Transfer Requirements for Gettysburg?
- Gettysburg Admission Requirements for International Students.
- What are Gettysburg Admission Deadlines?
- Gettysburg Regular Decision Deadlines
- How to Apply to Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Brief History of Gettysburg University
Gettysburg College was founded in 1832, as a sister institution for the Lutheran Theological Seminary. Both owe their inception to Thaddeus Stevens, a Radical Republican and abolitionist from Gettysburg. The college’s original name was Pennsylvania College; it was founded by Samuel Simon Schmucker.
In addition Gettysburg is unique by providing Community, opportunities, leadership, and versatility.
Picking where you will attend college is a life-changing decision and we want you to make the very best decision.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
Why Choose Gettysburg?
Gettysburg College provides students with the skills that future employers will look for, while teaching them to bring ideas to the table. Modern-day industries are constantly evolving, so Gettysburg’s academic curriculum equips you with tools to navigate the changing world.
Gettysburg university is a place of variety and diversity, a community where every student has the chance to stand out, take responsibility, and lead.
Gettysburg university inspires students to be great. From the very first semester, when incoming Gettysburg students take an intensive First-Year Seminar, students analyze, discuss, debate, and present.
Don’t Fail to Also Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate 2022| Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
U.S. News reviewed data on nearly 23000 high schools to rank the best high schools in America. And Gettysburg was among such schools
Some of it’s rankings includes;
- 54 in National Liberal Arts Colleges (tie)
- #68 in Best Undergraduate Teaching (tie)
- #57 in Best Value Schools
- #183 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is Gettysburg College Acceptance Rate?
Gettysburg College admissions are more selective with an acceptance rate of 48%.
Half the applicants admitted to Gettysburg College have an SAT score between 1270 and 1410 or an ACT score of 27 and 32.
Gettysburg College Transfer Acceptance Rate
In 2019, Gettysburg College received 130 transfer applicants. The school accepted 44 students. Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for Gettysburg College is 33.85%.
What are the Necessary Transfer Requirements for Gettysburg?
Usually, applicants may be admitted if they meet the entrance requirements of the college or program to which they have applied, and of the major, they wish to enter.
The transfer requirements for Gettysburg are as follows;
- Minimum GPA: The minimum GPA is 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) for transfer admission consideration.
- Official Transcripts
- SAT Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
Required Application Materials
- Completed Common Application*- Apply online.
- Official high school transcript.
- Teacher recommendation.
- Counselor recommendation.
- Senior mid-year grades (when available)
- Early Decision Form (only if applying for Early Decision admission)
Gettysburg Admission Requirements for International Students.
International Students most times are students coming from different educational background. But there are some requirements they must fulfill irrespective of where they are coming from. It includes;
- A completed application
- Artist’s statement
- Official high school transcript
- SAT and ACT scores are required as mentioned below:
- SAT score of 560 for Evidence-Based Reading and Writing component
- SAT score of 500 for Critical Reading component
- ACT Reading score of 21
Gettysburg GPA Requirements
With a GPA of 3.81, Gettysburg College requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average.
You’ll need mostly A’s, ideally with several AP or IB classes to help show your preparation at a college level. If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What are Gettysburg Admission Deadlines?
Admission Deadlines: The university accepts Early Action applications on November 15 and the regular application deadline is on January 15 for the semester.
Gettysburg Deadlines for Freshman Applications
- Early Decision I: November 15 – December 15
- Early Action: December 1 – February 1
- Early Decision II: January 15 – February 15
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
Gettysburg Regular Decision Deadlines
The regular decision deadlines span from January 15 – March 15. However, students should get replies from their school two weeks after application.
How to Apply to Gettysburg
There are different methods of applying to different schools. Some are stressful and some are not. However, Gettysburg is the interest now. You need to first go to the website www.gettysburg.edu
- Go to Choose a program
- Press “Apply now” button
- Send an admissions form
- Complete admissions tasks
- Go to study
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
Gettysburg Frequently Asked Questions
People recognize nationally Gettysburg College as ranked among the top colleges in the country for its value, programs, and liberal arts experience.
A stereotype of Gettysburg is that we are an upper-class, white, un-diverse campus with a good academic status but also a high party school status.
Gettysburg College is the perfect liberal arts school for students who have multiple interests. There is a wonderful social atmosphere. The student and professor relationships are very strong and a key to success.
Gettysburg students are intelligent, quick-witted, friendly, and driven, although they believe they have a right to party and indulge during the weekends.
Gettysburg university is an excellent school that gives every student an opportunity to succeed. The requirements for Gettysburg are not impossible to achieve.
Gettysburg is situated in a very calm environment which also stimulates utmost learning. We hope this is what you are looking for.
- Wikipedia.com Best colleges Gettysburg
- topartcollege.com Gettysburg Requirements
- Usnews.com Gettysburg Rankings
- gettysburg.edu freshman-undergraduate Requirements
- Prepscholar.com Gettysburg international students requirement
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA