Is Franklin and Marshall college the right school for you? Here’s all you need to know about Franklin and Marshall acceptance rates, courses, admission, scholarship, and requirements.
The college goals are to instill a genuine and enduring love for learning in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds, and to teach them to read, write, and also think critically.
Also, to impart in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social, and cultural worlds in which they live.
In doing so, the College hopes to infuse in its student’s qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, allowing them to live fulfilling lives and make significant contributions to their jobs, communities, and world.
- About Franklin And Marshall College: Overview
- Why Choose Franklin And Marshall College?
- Admission Requirements At Franklin And Marshall College
- Franklin And Marshall Acceptance Rates
- Franklin And Marshall Transfer Acceptance Rate
- Transfer Requirements For Franklin And Marshall
- Graduation Rates At Franklin And Marshall College
- Franklin And Marshall College Rankings
- Tuition; Instate And Out Of State
- Best Programs Offered at Franklin And Marshall College
- Scholarship Available At Franklin And Marshall College
- What Are Franklin And Marshall Deadlines?
- Notable Alumni Of Franklin And Marshall College
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Also Read:13 Best Trade Schools In Maryland 2022
About Franklin And Marshall College: Overview
Franklin and Marshall is a 4-year private Coed school that offers bachelor’s degrees founded in 1787. This is a highly rated private college located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Furthermore, there are 2,254 undergraduate students enrolled in total (fall 2020), the campus is 200 acres in size, and the location is a city. The academic calendar is based on semesters. In the National Liberal Arts Colleges category, Franklin & Marshall College is ranked 42 in the 2022 edition of Best Colleges.
Don’t Fail Also to Read: Curtis Institute of Music Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements
Why Choose Franklin And Marshall College?
Professors and students get to know each other and form close bonds in this cozy campus environment. Therefore, students are highly motivated if they take the initiative and look for chances. Some so many individuals want to see you succeed and are willing to do so.
- It’s an excellent starting point for your integration into Franklin and Marshall’s genuinely multinational community.
- F&M actively prepares its students to be global citizens with a focus on studying different languages and cultures.
- You will be a member of a gifted, highly selected group of students who bring a range of experiences, viewpoints, and opinions to the program, enabling you to benefit from each other’s differences in a close-knit community in a beautiful setting.
Admission Requirements At Franklin And Marshall College
Franklin and Marshall College admissions officers view a student’s GPA as a crucial academic factor. Franklin and Marshall College admissions officers place great importance on letters of recommendation and, when available, a student’s high school class rank.
Franklin and Marshall college admissions are selective. Therefore, to be admitted, you need to have an SAT score between 1200 and 1400 or an ACT score of 28-31.
Although, some of the admitted applicants get scores above these ranges, and others get admitted below these ranges.
Furthermore, GPA is another essential requirement for admission.
With a GPA of 3.84, Franklin and Marshall need you to be above average. You’ll need mostly A’s and B’s.
Join Clubs and Organizations that Support Franklin & Marshall College’s Core Values.
- Become a member of the school band, a sports team, or another club.
- Participate in local charity work
- Do something like engage in activities that reflect your ideals, personal development, leadership skills, and other less tangible attributes.
You Should Also Read: Ithaca College Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements
Franklin And Marshall Acceptance Rates
The acceptance rate at Franklin and Marshall is 37%. Therefore, for every 100 students that apply, 37 get admitted. Thus, making the school selective.
However, if you meet their requirements, you have a good chance of getting selected/admitted.
Franklin And Marshall Transfer Acceptance Rate
Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for Franklin & Marshall College is 37.98%. This indicates how hard it is to transfer to Franklin & Marshall College.
Transfer Requirements For Franklin And Marshall
Franklin And Marshall College requires a minimum number of credits completed to apply to be a transfer student.
Franklin And Marshall College also requires a minimum of 16 credits.
Thus, here are the necessary documents required for Transfer into Franklin And Marshall.
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript
- An essay or Personal Statement
- Standardized Test Scores
- Statement of Good Standing from Prior Institution
Graduation Rates At Franklin And Marshall College
The graduation rate at Franklin and Marshall CollegeAlso, check out: Sophie Davis Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements is 85 % within 150% of normal time. Also, the retention rate is 84 %, and the transfer-out rate is 11 %.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Devry University Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
Franklin And Marshall College Rankings
Franklin and Marshall College is ranked #42 in National Liberal Arts Colleges and #31 in best value schools.
Tuition; Instate And Out Of State
The Tuition for Franklin and Marshall College is $77,982 for all students, regardless of residency.
However, this fee consists of $60,872 for tuition, $14,450 for room and board, $1,200 for books and supplies, and $190 for other fees.
Also, out-of-state tuition for Franklin and Marshall College is $60,872, which is also the same as Pennsylvania residents.
Best Programs Offered at Franklin And Marshall College
Franklin and Marshall’s College is a liberal art college. Hence it offers more art courses.
The following are the major programs offered at Franklin and Marshall college;
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Business administration and management
- Political Science and Government
- Behavioral Sciences
- Computer Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Nevertheless, they also offer other courses such as;
- Spanish language and literature
- English language and literature
- Creative writing
- Public health
- Animal behavior and ethology
- Film/cinema/video studies
- Environmental science
- Environmental studies
- American/united states studies/civilization
- Geology/earth science
- Classics and classical language, literature, and linguistics
- Fine/studio arts
- African Studies
- German language and literature
- French language and literature
- Religion/religious studies
- Ethnic, cultural minority, gender, and group studies
- Cognitive science
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Art history, criticism, and conservation
Scholarship Available At Franklin And Marshall College
Here is a list of potential scholarships for summer, semester, and academic year off-campus study programs.
Although the sources listed here are not on a full-scale but offer a wide range of scholarship possibilities.
However, many scholarships have early deadlines, so be sure to start early and plan accordingly. Therefore, do well to consult your off-campus study advisor for assistance as well as other information.
- Program Provider Scholarships
- Gilman International Scholarships
- Boren Awards
- Critical Language Scholarships
- Diversity Abroad Funding & Resources
- F&M Summer Travel Awards
Please visit the school for more details.
Also Read : Best Private High Schools in Arizona in 2022
What Are Franklin And Marshall Deadlines?
The application date for regular decisions is January 15. The deadlines for Early Decision round 1 and 2 are November 15 and January 15, respectively. By April 1, notification is sent to all applicants who use the usual determination process.
Notable Alumni Of Franklin And Marshall College
By aggregate alumni prominence, Franklin and Marshall College ranks 1023rd globally, 375th in North America, and 353rd in the United States. The following is a list of notable Franklin and Marshall College alumni.
- Jennifer Gareis
- Ken Mehlman
- James Elliot
- Patricia Harris
- David Smith
- Rebecca Meyers
- Jeffery Lacker
- Bilal Ashraf
- Treat Williams
- Tim Canova
- Mary Schapiro
- Barry Finegold
- Daniel Ragsdale
- Francis Wolf
- Anthony Hardy Williams
Franklin and Marshall College is a liberal art college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education.
However, With an acceptance rate of 37%, you must ensure you meet the admission requirements.
Therefore, with the detailed information in this guide, you’d be able to get yourself prepared for college.
Don’t Fail to Read- Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Franklin and Marshall College is ranked 42nd on the list of National Liberal Arts Colleges. It is a lovely school, not so small, not too large, everything on campus is accessible and lovely, and the management communicates well.
However, with an acceptance rate of 37%, you may need to meet their admission requirements.
Furthermore, Franklin and Marshall encourage and expects maturity and self-discipline.
In addition, It is both serious and fun, with a wide range of sports, clubs, and activities for everyone.
Overall, Franklin and Marshall is ranked among the top colleges for international students.
Also, they are placed 100th out of 1,232 in our list of the Best Colleges and Universities in the United States for International Students.
Franklin and Marshall College is a small group of colleges, including the Ivy League and many other leading liberal arts and research universities.
They devote their financial aid resources to need-based financial aid and meet the full demonstrated need of every student they accept for all four years.
Franklin & Marshall is a prestigious private institution in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Also,It is a tiny college with a total enrollment of 2,236 undergraduate students.
Franklin College is premier liberal arts and sciences college for engaged learning, motivating students to think independently and critically and live, lead, and serve meaningfully.
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA