Are you looking for the best electrician schools, colleges, and universities in Atlanta that will train you to become a professional?
Do you also understand how to quickly progress through the various electrician phases and the requirements to study to be an electrician at some of Atlanta’s best schools, colleges, and universities?
Do you also want to know the job outlooks and salary standards for electricians in Atlanta?
Why become an electrician in Atlanta? What do electricians do?
What are the best electrician schools in Atlanta? Are there good electrician apprenticeship programs in Atlanta?
What type of electrician gets paid the most in Atlanta?
All these questions and more will be answered in detail so that you can have a good study and enjoy good pay jobs when you study electrician and go through their apprenticeship program.
Table of contents
- What do Electricians do?
- Why Skills Are Essential To Become An Electrician In Atlanta
- How Much Do Electricians Earn In Atlanta?
- List Of The Best Electrician Schools, Universities, and Colleges in Atlanta
- What Apprentice Programs Exist In Atlanta For Electrician Students?
- How Can I Earn From Apprenticeship Programs In Atlanta For Electricians?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements Needed For These Apprentice Programs?
- Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Electricians’ Colleges And Universities In Atlanta
What do Electricians do?
An electrician is a person who is either an inside wireman or an outside lineman.
These are the primary concentrations, but various areas of specialization are within each category. Duties also vary with each type of specialization. The area of specialization includes two subdivided areas.
- Construction electrician: this aspect focuses on nonlaying and wiring for new buildings and rarely performs maintenance.
- Service electrician: this aspect specializes in wiring problems, repairs, and troubleshooting.
- Some electricians also specialize in marine, air, research, and hospital applications.
Why Skills Are Essential To Become An Electrician In Atlanta
Becoming an electrician and following the due process is a way to reach your career peak as an electrician.
It will give you skills to earn good-paying jobs. Some additional skills include:
- Math knowledge
- Design skills and knowledge
- Analytical thinking skills
- Logic skills
- An excellent verbal communication skill
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- using software appliances well.
How Much Do Electricians Earn In Atlanta?
After studying in any of the best electrician schools, colleges, or universities in Atlanta, you’re ready to start earning a high salary practicing in the state.
Earning as an electrician in Atlanta varies from becoming more familiar with more experience to having more earnings as an electrician.
An arranged formula follows, based on experience:
- Apprentice electricians earn about 10,315–22,425 pounds a year.
- A trained electrician earns about 33,495 pounds.
- Qualified electricians with more experience earn about 42,500 pounds and more.
Salaries are determined by the skills acquired, the employer, the location, the training route, and the level of responsibility. Electricians who work for themselves set their pay rates.
To be among the top earners in the Atlanta electrician industry, you must first enroll in any of the best electrician schools, colleges, and universities that will train you to become a professional.
List Of The Best Electrician Schools, Universities, and Colleges in Atlanta
When choosing a course of study, you will also select one of the best schools to match your research and know if the school is accredited.
Researching the best schools can also give you an A-credit on apprenticeship programs.
To help you know what colleges and universities in Maine will train you to become an electrician, we will discuss the best electrician schools for your studies and the best for your career.
#1. Technical College System of Georgia
- Location: 1 West Court Square, Decatur, GA 30030
The Technical College System of Georgia is a certified college to begin your career as an electrician.
The college’s facilities are very modern and occupy about 3,450 students. Also, the Technical College System of Georgia schools offers financial aid for needy students.
The Electrical Training Program offered by the Technical College System of Georgia ensures that students receive all the knowledge they require for practical and theoretical skills to begin a new career in the electricity industry.
#2. University System of Georgia
- Location: 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
The University System of Georgia is one of Atlanta’s best universities with good electrical programs.
Professional students teach some of the best vocational and theoretical programs in the state at the university.
Also, the University System of Georgia’s electrical technician training program can be finished quickly.
The program is divided into theory and practice to give you the necessary skills and knowledge to start a new career.
#3. DeVry University
- Location: 1100 S. Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060
DeVry University is one of the best places to study in the state. The school has excellent teachers, and the staff is famous for their professionalism and warm attitudes.
The facilities here are excellent, and you will have a great stay and an excellent education here. The school also offers financial aid and scholarships.
The electrical technician program emphasizes both theoretical and practical skills. You will learn everything you need to know in a short period to become one of the best in this rapidly evolving field.
DeVry University remains one of the best electrician schools in Atlanta.
#4. Lincoln Tech
- Location: 495 N Indian Creek Dr. Clarkston, GA 30021
Lincoln Tech is a tremendous vocational school. The school has a modern campus, and the dorms are comfortable and cozy.
The facilities here are excellent, and you will have a great time here. The teachers are friendly and warm, and financial aid is also available under specific criteria.
The electrical technician program is one of the best of its kind among vocational programs, as it combines theory and practice. The program will walk you through the knowledge needed to land entry-level jobs in the industry.
What Apprentice Programs Exist In Atlanta For Electrician Students?
This apprentice program is essentially an apprenticeship program for IEC electrical training. It is a response to your search for an apprentice program for electrician studies.
It gives a base for the individual wanting to jump-start their career and the electrical contractor who wants skilled and productive employees. It’s a good idea.
The IEC’s apprenticeship program provides a way to learn and earn while obtaining your license as a certified electrician and a fast track to getting paid jobs with high-paying companies.
IEC offers job referral services to apprentice applicants and electrical contractors looking for new employees.
Job referral services are available all year, with both online and classroom programs beginning all year in Georgia.
How Can I Earn From Apprenticeship Programs In Atlanta For Electricians?
One good thing about enrolling in any of the best Atlanta electrician schools, colleges, or universities is that most electrician apprenticeship programs allow students to earn while they learn.
Here is how you can earn from this apprentice program and also learn:
- While enrolled in the program, apprentices are paid by their employers. Of course, you can do so.
- Wages are based on experience and range from $12.00 to $15.00 per hour.
- From 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., apprentices attend classes weekly after work.
- In four years, the majority of apprentices double their wages.
- Up to 41 hours of college credit can be earned.
- Only government-approved programs, such as IECs, can certify you as an electrician, not technical schools.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements Needed For These Apprentice Programs?
- Interested candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED and have a reliable transportation system.
- Youth Apprentices must be 18 years of age, enrolled in their high school’s work-based learning program, and have counselor approval.
- All students must have a valid email address, internet access, and a computer or smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Electricians’ Colleges And Universities In Atlanta
Is Becoming an Electrician a Difficult Career?
Becoming an electrician is a path if you follow the proper procedures, such as conducting thorough research on the whys of the career and the benefits it can provide. With my assistance, you can go through the best electrician schools in Atlanta and proceed to get apprenticeship training and other workshops and courses available, not to mention the passion involved.
How can I obtain my license as an electrician in Atlanta?
Obtaining a license for the career is accessible only when completing all the programs and knowing what the course is all about are met.
With these, you can go on to obtain your license using those requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Complete the necessary application.
- Submit proof documenting four years of electrician experience.
- Submit three forms of reference.
- Pass the electrical exam with at least a 70% score.
What Type Of Electrician Gets Paid The Most In Atlanta?
I will give you a breakdown of the top highest-paid electrician Jobs in Atlanta, Gr.
- Industrial electrician
- Solar installer
- Electrical foreman
- Wind turbine technician.
- Electrical technician.
- Maintenance electrician.
- Substation technician. National average salary: $70,807 per year.
- Automation technician. National average salary: $88,092 per year.