Private liberal arts college Dickinson College is located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Dickinson was established in 1773 as Carlisle Grammar School and was chartered on September 9, 1783, making it the first college to be established after the United States was formed.
In honor of John Dickinson, a signer of the Constitution who later served as governor of Pennsylvania, and his wife Mary Norris Dickinson, Benjamin Rush, a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence formed Dickinson. They gave the new college a large portion of their huge personal libraries.
Furthermore, Dickinson College offers an engineering option through its 3:2 program, which entails spending three years at Dickinson and two years in an engineering program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute or Case Western Reserve University.
This is in addition to offering a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree in 22 disciplinary majors and 20 interdisciplinary majors. Students receive a B.S. from Dickinson in their chosen field and a B.S. in engineering from the engineering school upon successfully completing both parts of the program.
Also, the Dickinson School of Law was established in 1834 and is a law school that is situated close to the college campus. It was granted an independent charter in 1890, and all ties to the institution were severed in 1917. In the year 2000, the law school merged with the Pennsylvania State University.
- Why Choose Dickinson College?
- What is the Dickinson College Acceptance Rate in 2022?
- What is Dickinson College Tuition?
- What is the Dickinson College Transfer Acceptance Rate in 2022?
- What is the Dickinson College Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Necessary Requirements For Dickinson College?
- What Are The Transfer Requirements For Dickinson College?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into Dickinson College?
- What is The Dickinson College Deadline?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Why Choose Dickinson College?
We have highly regarded programs in the humanities, social sciences, arts, and sciences, and a sizable portion of our students (around 60%) travel overseas. In order to prepare students for involvement with the most important challenges of our day, we offer a superb liberal arts education.
Also, the college stands out for its emphasis on hands-on, experiential learning, dedication to sustainability, emphasis on global awareness throughout the campus, and provision of transferable 21st-century skills.
In addition, one of the best universities to prepare you for the real world is definitely Dickinson. Its educational philosophy centers on developing well-rounded, career-ready students.
The campus’ welcoming environment and serene setting make it an ideal setting for an excellent learning, socializing, and growing experience.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
What is the Dickinson College Acceptance Rate in 2022?
Dickinson College has a 49.1% acceptance rate. This means 49 out of every 100 applications are accepted.
This demonstrates the school’s medium level of selection.
The school is more lenient than other colleges, but they still expect you to satisfy their GPA and SAT/ACT criteria. If you meet or surpass their requirements, your chances of admission are very good. But if you don’t, you can be among the unfortunate minority that receives a letter of rejection.
You can use the Common Application to apply to the school.
Don’t Fail to Also Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate 2022| Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
What is Dickinson College Tuition?
The cost of attending Dickinson College (Dickinson) for students in 2022 is $58,733.
The average award amount is $37,996, and 80 percent of undergraduate students enrolling have received grants or scholarships.
The net price, which includes tuition, fees, the cost of books and supplies, and living expenses, is $39,241 after receiving financial aid.
However, its undergraduate tuition and expenses are more ($42,933 – private (not-for-profit) Baccalaureate College – Arts & Sciences) than the average for similar institutions.
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is the Dickinson College Transfer Acceptance Rate in 2022?
One percent of the total student body at Dickinson College are transfers.
Dickinson College received 102 transfer candidates in 2022 and 25 students were admitted to the school.
As a result, Dickinson College’s acceptance rate for transfer students is 24.51 percent.
This demonstrates how challenging it is to enroll in Dickinson College.
Additionally, 9 of the 25 transfer students who were approved enrolled, making the yield 36.0 percent.
Dickinson College accepts 25 out of every 100 transfer applicants.
What is the Dickinson College Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Dickinson College acceptance rate by major include:
- International Business/Trade/Commerce- 13%
- Political Science and Government, General- 11%
- Psychology, General- 8%
- Economics, General- 7%
- Mathematics, General- 6%
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology- 5%
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General- 5%
- International Relations and Affairs- 5%
- English Language and Literature, General- 4%
- Environmental Science- 4%
What Are The Necessary Requirements For Dickinson College?
The necessary requirements for Dickinson College include:
- Official secondary school transcript(s) showing all courses and grades, along with the completed Common Application and nonrefundable $65 cost (or fee waiver) (through the Common Application).
- suggestion from a counselor (through the Common Application).
- teacher recommendations for academics (through the Common Application; one required, two recommended).
- Candidates for early decisions must also have a completed Early Decision Agreement Form (through the Common Application).
- By the chosen admission application date, applicants for federal and state aid must submit the FAFSA (available at www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- Additionally, international students must complete the International Student Financial Aid Application and the Certification of Finances.
- Students must use SlideRoom as part of the Common Application to submit any additional art, music, or theater pieces they choose to include.
You will receive a special login to your applicant portal after submitting your application, where you may check the materials you have received and those that are missing from your application file. Additionally, this is where the final posting of admission choices will take place.
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What Are The Transfer Requirements For Dickinson College?
The transfer requirements for Dickinson College include:
- The Common Application, containing the Writing Supplement Transfer and Dickinson’s Member Questions (Necessary for all colleges and universities attended) College Report
- Periodic Report (in-progress grades for current term)
- Academic Assessment (college instructor preferred)
- Fee for applications (or fee waiver)
- Official college transcripts, which are necessary for all institutions attended,
- GED or an official secondary school transcript (must include a completion date)
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is The GPA Needed To Get into Dickinson College?
At Dickinson College, the average GPA is 3.74.
Dickinson College needs you to be above average in your high school class with a 3.74 GPA.
A combination of A and B grades is required, preferably with more A grades than B. Harder coursework, such as AP or IB courses, might make up for a low GPA.
This will demonstrate that you are academically more capable than the ordinary high school student.
However, it’s challenging to change your GPA in time for college applications if you’re currently a junior or senior.
Therefore, you’ll need a better SAT or ACT score to make up for a GPA that is at or below the 3.74 school average. This will enable you to successfully compete with those who have higher qualifications.
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What is The Dickinson College Deadline?
The application deadline is October 6th for all applicants.
What Are The Dickinson College Decision Dates?
The decision date is on a rolling basis for all applicants.
96% of Dickinson graduates are working, interning, enrolled in graduate school, or pursuing fellowships within a year after their graduation.
Therefore, applying to this school won’t be a bad idea
We hope this article enlightens you about this great school and its requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Private liberal arts college Dickinson College is located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
A business major is not typically offered by liberal arts universities, but Dickinson does.
No, Dickinson College is a secular institution of higher learning.
Yes, it does
- dickinson.edu– Transfer Application
- campusreel.org– Dickinson College Transfers: 2022 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
- dickinson.edu– Application Checklist
- prepscholar.com– Dickinson College Requirements for Admission
- wikipedia.org– Dickinson College
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA