Colorado college acceptance rate is extremely low andcompetitive compared to other colleges in Colorado. This and many more questions you might need to ask before sending your application to study at Colorado college.
This article has been able to deal with possible questions you might have concerning Colorado college and their respective answers to give you more knowledge on the school including the Colorado college acceptance rate, tuition fee and lest I forget to mention, the necessary requirements you’ll need to study there. Just don’t stop reading
- History Of Colorado College
- Why Choose Colorado College?
- What Is Colorado College Acceptance Rate?
- What Is Colorado College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate By Major
- Colorado College Admission Requirements
- Colorado College GPA Requirements
- What Are Colorado College Deadlines?
- Colorado College Decision Dates
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate FAQs
- Editor’s Recommendation
History Of Colorado College
Colorado college is a private liberal arts college located in Colorado springs, Colorado. It was found in 1874 by Reverend Thomas Nelson Haskell in the memory of his daughter.
Reverend Thomas described the college as a coeducational liberal arts college and just as so many universities and colleges located in the US has stayed long past the 19th century retaining its original purpose, Colorado college has also retained its focus on liberal arts.
Presently, this college offers admission and enrolls approximately 2000 undergraduates each season at its campus.Consequently, Colorado college has topped the list of high ranking colleges in the states and these rankings really gives Colorado college the recognition it deserves in terms of academic excellence and great value.
Graduates from this college has never failed to be the best in different sectors and few notable alumni of this collegeincludes Marc Webb, Steve Sabol, Ken Salazar, Dutch Clark, James Heckman, Thomas Ferril and Liz Chenel which says a lot about the school.
Why Choose Colorado College?
Amongst other colleges around the states, there are really good reasons why you should choose Colorado college. Colorado college offers 33 minors programs and 42 majors. You can also obtain different degrees including masters and bachelors degrees in your respective field of interest.
At Colorado college, the student faculty ratio is 9:1 which means75.2% of the average class at Colorado college has less than 20 students and you should know by now that the lesser the class size, the more easy it gets to acquire more knowledge with the professors paying more attention to the students.
It also doesn’t require any admission fee to apply to study thereand this includes transfer and international students too.
It has wide range of programs to pick from and whichever program you pick, this college is bent on providing the best knowledge you would need to succeed in your field and this doesn’t go down to just states school alone, it also includes international students.
What Is Colorado College Acceptance Rate?
Colorado college acceptance rate is 13.6% with an early decision acceptance rate of 14.6% for early decision applicants. The acceptance rate is quite low and this rate has made Colorado college one of the colleges with the lowest acceptance rate in the US.
This rate makes admission into Colorado college very competitive and selective as the college only wants to admit the best students who will be able to soar high in different sectors of the world.
Every intending applicant for this college should have it in mind that itis a little difficult to get into especially with the Colorado college acceptance rate of 13.6% but that shouldn’t scare anyone, if you meet the basic requirements there’s no possible way you wouldn’t get admitted.
ALSO CHECK: Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What Is Colorado College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
Colorado college acceptance rate for transfer student is 11.25%. This explains that for every 100 transfer applicants application received, only 12 students are accepted.
Transferring into Colorado College requires you to be the top student in your previous college and due to the high rate of students transferring into Colorado college every year, it has made it relatively difficult to transfer into the college especially with the low acceptance rate.
What Is Colorado College Tuition And Fees?
The tuition for Colorado College is $64,554 for each year which means the average fee for each semester is $32,227. Alongside with the tuition fee, there are several fees you would need to pay for and they are listed below.
- Student activity fee: $474
- Housing: $8,376
- Meal plan: $6,000
- Books and supplies allowance: $1,240
- Miscellaneous allowance: $1,354
- Transportation: $1,230
- Health and insurance: $2,930
- Estimated cost of studying at Colorado college: $86,158
The average cost of studying at Colorado College is relatively high for most students. However, most students receive income, financial aidand grants from Colorado College and that subsidizes the amount for both students and their respective families.
ALSO CHECK: Sewanee Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
Colorado College Acceptance Rate By Major
As aforementioned above, Colorado college has a relatively low acceptance rateand that rate applydoesn’t apply tomajors due to how sought in demand they are and as a result, it increases competition. The majors below have the acceptance rate of 11.25%.
- Asian studies
- Business, economics and society (BESoc)
- Chemistry and biochemistry
- Classics – English
- Classics – History and politics
- Comparative literature
- Computer science
- Environmental studies program
- Feminist and gender studies
- Film and media studies
- History – Philosophy
- History – Political science
- Independently designed major
- International political economy
- Mathematical economics
- Molecular biology
- Organismal biology and economy
- Political science
- Race, ethnicity and migration studies
- Russian and Eurasian studies
- Southwest studies
- Spanish and Portuguese
- Theatre and dance
The below majors have their own acceptance rate
- Social sciences: 30%
- Biological and biomedical sciences: 18%
- Natural resources and conservation: 6%
- Physical sciences: 6%
- Computer, information sciences and support services: 6%
- Psychology: 5%
- English language and literature: 5%
- Gender, ethnic, cultural, group and area studies: 4%
Colorado College Admission Requirements
Your admission into Colorado College relies on you reaching the basicrequirements and all you have to do is to meet these requirements so below are the basic requirements for admission into Colorado college.
- Fill out the application form through the common app
- Official high school transcript
- Writing supplement
- Teacher’s evaluation
- Counselor’s evaluation
- Early decision agreement ( for early decision applicants)
- Financial aid application (for applicants with financial needs)
- Standardized test scores
Prospective students can apply through the common app, coalition app and quest bridge application.
Colorado College Transfer Requirements
The school values transfer students and there are specific requirements that are needed from transfer students before admitting them.
- Fill up the transfer application through the common app
- Personal statement/Essay
- High school and previous college transcript
- College report
- Academic evaluations/recommendations
- Financial aid application (if needed)
Colorado College GPA Requirements
The GPA requirement for Colorado college is 3.89 on a 4.0 scale. Colorado college requires you to be the top your class and well above average. Your transcript should show almost straight A’s as it reveals to Colorado college that you can handle academics on a college level.
What Are Colorado College Deadlines?
All applicants are required to submit their applications before the deadlines to show how academic prepared they are and late applications will not be taken into consideration by the university.
Deadline for all intakes: January 15
Colorado College Decision Dates
Applicants are given the opportunity to choose to apply using early decision (binding), early action and regular decision. Early decision is the binding method of application where the student agrees to attending Colorado college at all costs prior to receiving an admission offer.
- Early decision 1: November 1
- Decision released: Mid December
- Early action: November 1
- Decision released: Late December
- Early decision 2: January 15
- Decision released: Mid February
- Regular decision: January 15
- Decision released: Mid March
Colorado College Acceptance Rate FAQs
Colorado college gives merit based scholarship depending on the strength of the academic work of the student including school performance, essay quality and teacher’s recommendation. There is no special application for merit based scholarship consideration.
Colorado college is a member of the southern collegiate athletic conference (SCAC) and it is the 11th member of the NCAA division III league.
Colorado college is ranked as one of the best liberal arts college anyone can study in. With all things being considered, Colorado college is a good school and the academic calendar is top notch as it is scheduled in the best interest of the students.
Colorado college is difficult to get into as it has one of the lowest acceptance rate. However, if you meet up to the school’s standards and requirements, you’ll have no problem with getting in.
Colorado college is one of the best value college worldwide as it offers quality education to the students with high quality teaching staffs, quality and variety of classes, adequate facilities and a good learning environment for all students.
To gain access to all the benefits of studying at Colorado college, all you have to do is to fulfill all the basic requirements as it is a great choice of university but its still up to you to decide if it has exactly what you needfrom auniversity so you don’t go through the hassle of having to transfer college. Good luck
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Sewanee Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Maine Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Williams College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Middlebury College Acceptance Rate: Admission, Courses And Scholarships