Bard college acceptance rate determines whether you are getting in or not.
Therefore, we implore you to carefully read this article for necessary information about the Bard college acceptance rate.
Are you aspiring to enter Bard College? Do you want to know more about the school, acceptance rate, and Admission Requirements? If yes, then this article is for you.
Private liberal arts institution Bard College is located in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, in the United States. The campus is located in the Hudson River Historic District, a National Historic Landmark, and it has views of the Hudson River and the Catskill Mountains.
Furthermore, a liberal arts college, a conservatory, eight graduate programs, and more than 20 graduate degrees in the arts and sciences make up this 1860-founded university.
The student-to-faculty ratio for undergraduate students is 9:1.
Over 35 connected programs, institutes, and centres are spread throughout twelve cities, five states, seven nations, and four continents, making up the college’s global network.
Also, Bard University’s undergraduate college grants bachelor’s degrees in the arts and sciences. There are 12 multidisciplinary concentrations, approximately 40 major programs, and 23 academic departments. The college introduced significant human rights first in the country.
- Why Choose Bard College?
- What Are The Courses Offered at Bard College?
- What is the Bard College Acceptance Rate?
- What is Bard College Tuition?
- What is the Bard College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is the Bard College Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Necessary Requirements For Bard College?
- What Are The Transfer Requirements For Bard College?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into Bard College?
- What is The Bard College Deadline?
- What Are The Bard College Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Why Choose Bard College?
The liberal arts ideology that values education for self-growth is the foundation upon which Bard College is based. Every student’s academic experience is customized as a result.
Nevertheless, all undergrads in the school are encouraged to think critically, consistently ask questions, and follow through on those inquiries, regardless of their course load.
Also, students chose to call Bard their home for various reasons, including the distinctive and demanding curriculum, the gorgeous campus, and the intimate ties with professors.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
What Are The Courses Offered at Bard College?
Over 500 courses are offered each semester at Barb College, with roughly a fifth being tutorials (often created by students) and the remaining courses being seminars, studio courses, lectures, Senior Projects, and independent study.
Some of the courses include:
- Africana Studies
- American Studies
- Ancient Greek
- Art History and Visual Culture
- Asian Studies
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Environmental and Urban Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Experimental Humanities
- Film and Electronic Arts
Don’t Fail Also to Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate 2022| Admissions, Courses, and Scholarships
What is the Bard College Acceptance Rate?
Bard College’s application process is more stringent, with a 59 per cent acceptance rate. For half of the candidates, an ACT score of 27 to 32 or an SAT score between 1220 and 1418 are required for admission to Bard College.
Nevertheless, 25% of accepted applicants received scores above these limits, while 25% received scores below these levels.
The Bard College application cost is $50.
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is Bard College Tuition?
The undergraduate tuition and fees at Bard College are $59,800 for the school year 2021–2022. The cost of graduate school is $38,399. Living expenses outside of tuition and fees are listed at $13,800 for off-campus housing and $18,560 for on-campus housing.
Therefore, the total cost of attendance (COA) for a student living on campus is $77,628.
It covers tuition, fees, the price of books and supplies, accommodation and board, and other living expenditures.
What is the Bard College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
Bard College accepts a competitive 70.86% of transfer applicants.
You need a current GPA of at least 3.5 to be considered for admission to Bard College; ideally, your GPA will be around 3.64. Additionally, you will be required to provide your test results.
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What is the Bard College Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Bard College Acceptance rate by major include:
- Social Sciences, General- 10%
- Fine & Studio Arts, General- 5%
- Biological and Physical Sciences- 7%
- English Language and Literature & Letters, Other- 12%
- Liberal Arts and Sciences & Liberal Studies-16%
- Visual and Performing Arts, Other-14%
- Music Performance, General- 10%
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation- 11%
- Business Administration and Management, General- 6%
- Secondary Education and Teaching-5%
- Environmental Science- 7%
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics
- Economics, General- 6%
- Environmental Education-4%
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What Are The Necessary Requirements For Bard College?
Although there are many components to a college application, you should concentrate on only a few crucial ones:
At Bard College, the average GPA is 3.79.
(While some schools publish an unweighted GPA, most utilize a weighted GPA out of 4.0.
Although this school did not formally provide its average GPA, we have estimated it using information from more than 1,000 other institutions.)
They have no cutoff for SAT scores. Based on the typical grade at the institution.
Bard College’s composite SAT score average is 1330 out of a possible 1600.
Bard College is now only Moderately Competitive for SAT exam scores because of this score.
Bard College probably doesn’t have a strict ACT cutoff like the SAT, but your application will be rejected if you score too low.
At Bard College, the typical ACT score is 29. Bard College is now Moderately Competitive for ACT scores, thanks to this score.
- Common Application
- An essay or Personal Statement for all freshmen
- Letters of Recommendation
- An application fee
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What Are The Transfer Requirements For Bard College?
The transfer requirements for Admission into Bard College for transfer students include:
- Online Application Form
- Motivation Statement
- Graded Writing Sample
- Official High School and University Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency (if applicable)
- SAT/ACT Standardized Testing (optional)
What is The GPA Needed To Get into Bard College?
You must rank above average in your high school class for admission to Bard College with a GPA of 3.79. Hence, Bard college requires a combination of A and B grades, preferably with more A grades than B.
Harder coursework, such as AP or IB courses, might make up for a low GPA. Again, this will demonstrate that you are academically more capable than the ordinary high school student.
What is The Bard College Deadline?
Bard College application deadline line, which is January 1, has closed.
However, the graduate programs deadline depends on the major
You Can Apply to this less competitive school: West Point Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarship
What Are The Bard College Decision Dates?
The Bard College decision date is March 7th.
Keep in mind that applicants will receive email notifications about their admission.
Bard College is a great institution of learning. If you are an aspiring student in this school, you won’t regret going to school.
However, this information about the school allows you to know your admission chances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Those who meet the requirements have a good chance they will be accepted to Bard College, which is more challenging to get into.
White, upper-class students make up the bulk of Bard’s student body.
The average need-based scholarship or grant given to first-year students at Bard College was $53,472. Additionally, financial help based on need was provided to 75% of first-year students.
Several grants and unique scholarships are solely offered to Bard students.
- wikipedia.org– Bard College
- inside.bard.edu– Fall 2022 Bard College Course List
- univstats.com– Paying for Bard
- edurank.org– Bard College: Statistics
- prepscholar.com– Bard College Requirements for Admission
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA