Are you interested in attending a prestigious University and need information about the University of Alberta Acceptance rate?
One of Canada’s top institutions for teaching and research, the University of Alberta in Edmonton enjoys a national and international reputation for excellence in the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
Therefore, this article will serve as a resource that gives you all the information you need and admissions advice if you’re interested in attending the University of Alberta.
To be accepted into the program, applicants must fulfil a number of requirements.
- Brief History of University of Alberta
- Why Choose the University of Alberta?
- What are the Admission Requirements for the University of Alberta?
- What is the University of Alberta Acceptance Rate?
- What is The University of Alberta Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is the University of Alberta Tuition?
- What is the University of Alberta Acceptance Rate by Major?
- GPA Requirements for University of Alberta
- What are the Transfer Requirements for the University of Alberta?
- What is the University of Alberta Deadline?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Brief History of University of Alberta
The University of Alberta is commonly referred to as the U of A or UAlberta.
A public research university with its main campus in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, the institution’s first president, founded it in 1908. The Post-secondary Learning Act made it possible.
As a “comprehensive academic and research university” (CARU), the university provides a variety of academic and professional programs that typically result in undergraduate and graduate-level credentials.
Four campuses in Edmonton, an Augustana Campus in Camrose, and a staff centre in the heart of Calgary make up the university. The original north campus is located across from downtown Edmonton and consists of 150 buildings spread across 50 city blocks on the south rim of the North Saskatchewan River valley. The 400 programs offered by the 18 faculties are attended by 39,000 students from Canada and 150 other nations.
In Alberta, the university is a significant economic force. Its yearly economic impact on Alberta’s economy is projected to be $12.3 billion, or 5% of the province’s GDP.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
Why Choose the University of Alberta?
The University of Alberta is ranked among the top 150 universities worldwide and among the top five in Canada. Our undergraduate students have access to renowned opportunities, which is one of the reasons they go on to accomplish great things.
The University of Alberta consistently ranks among Canada’s top five universities.
She came in fourth overall and 37th out of the top 183 post-secondary schools in North America in the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
The University of Alberta is one of the top 150 universities in the world and has nearly 400 teaching and research partnerships throughout the world.
Don’t Fail to Also Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate 2022| Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
What are the Admission Requirements for the University of Alberta?
Your admission will be determined by your overall academic record and performance in three key areas: grades, English language ability, and successful completion of prerequisite courses.
FIVE ACADEMIC SUBJECTS COMPLETED
Students who are applying for admission after high school must demonstrate that they have passed five academic courses. Your required academic subjects will vary depending on your program and faculty.
LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH
There are a few ways to demonstrate that you meet the University of Alberta’s English Language Requirement. One can:
- Complete an English language proficiency test and achieve the minimum score
- Completing specific courses that UAlberta has approved and earning a particular minimum grade.
- Prior English-language education acknowledged by the University of Alberta.
- Finish the Bridging Program at the University of Alberta.
You must fulfill the Spoken English Language Proficiency Requirement if you choose a program in the health sciences or education.
Depending on the Faculty and program of your choice, a certain minimum admission average is required to be admitted to the University of Alberta. Every year, the averages change.
English, Group A (Humanities/Social Sciences), Group B (Fine Arts), and Group C are a few of the groups into which subjects are divided (Mathematics and Sciences). There will be a different set of prerequisite courses for each degree.
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is the University of Alberta Acceptance Rate?
With a 58 percent acceptance rate, admission to the University of Alberta is moderately tough. In order to admit students, the university uses a holistic evaluation method that is quite stringent. The University of Alberta accepts applications for admission during each of the four academic terms: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.
How to apply to UAlberta:
Choosing the right program:Prior to selecting a program, it is best to review the offerings, duration, and future possibilities.
Check the entry requirements: You should review the entry requirements for the programs you are interested in, and if you have any questions, contact the relevant department.
Create a submission: You can start the online application procedure after completing the aforementioned stages.
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What is The University of Alberta Transfer Acceptance Rate?
There are extremely few chances for transfer or transfer credit in some faculties, especially the Faculty of Engineering and specialized professional programs in the Health Sciences and Law.
Even if you are interested in a professional degree that cannot be entered immediately from high school, we advise applying to UAlberta programs straight out of high school rather than beginning the program at another postsecondary institution. At the University of Alberta, you can complete your pre-professional year.
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is the University of Alberta Tuition?
The price of attending the University of Alberta might differ depending on the degree; however, the average first-year tuition is $9,120 CAD.
The overall cost for students who opt to live on campus will likely be $22,000 when meal plans and other resident amenities are included in.
Someone has also given you access to on-campus exercise and recreation facilities, student services, and health and dental coverage as part of your tuition as an enrolled student.
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What is the University of Alberta Acceptance Rate by Major?
Below is a list of the various majors’ acceptance rates for the University of Alberta, in case you were curious.
The University of Alberta’s acceptance rate, according to major, is as follows:
- Environmental Science and Engineering- 8%
- Mining and Mineral Engineering- 6%
- Instruments Science and Technology- 10%
- Chemical Engineering- 12%
- Business Administration- 13%
- Agricultural Sciences- 6%
- Nursing- 10%
- Earth Sciences- 8%
- Chemistry- 12%
- Geography- 10%
- Ecology- 6%
- Automation & Control- 5%
- Telecommunication Engineering- 8%
- Civil Engineering- 10%
- Food Science & Technology- 8%
- Veterinary Sciences- 8%
- Clinical Medicine- 10%
- Management- 6%
- Hospitality & Tourism Management- 12%
- Library & Information Science- 8%
GPA Requirements for University of Alberta
At the time of your application, your cumulative GPA equals at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. At the time of your application, you must meet the pertinent graduate English proficiency criteria or requirements for undergraduate English competence.
SAT/ACT Requirements for University of Alberta
In order to use a high school course grade, the candidate must also fulfil the following SAT or ACT requirements:
SAT: each part must have a minimum score of 600, and the overall score must be 1800.
A minimum aggregate SAT score of 1200 and a minimum score of 600 in each section are required.
The minimum composite score for the ACT is 26.
You Can Apply to this less competitive school: West Point Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarship
What are the Transfer Requirements for the University of Alberta?
- Transfer students must successfully demonstrate that they have completed at least 24 credits worth of transferable course work. Students with fewer than 24 points will be evaluated using courses from both high school and post-secondary institutions. High school applicants are those who have less than nine transferable credits from post-secondary education.
- An acceptable status in the faculty or post-secondary school they seek to transfer from.
- A competitive GPA and an admission Grade Point Average (AGPA) of at least 2.0.
- The University of Alberta’s Bachelor of Education program requires all applicants to take the Casper test as part of their application for the cycle of admission from 2022–2023.
What is the University of Alberta Deadline?
Depending on your program type, deadlines can vary, but they often fall between December and March for programs beginning the following summer and/or academic year. Before beginning your application, make sure to thoroughly review the Program Finder for crucial deadlines and dates pertaining to your preferred program.
TIP: Begin submitting your application at least two weeks ahead of time. We encourage Early contributions at all times!
Check Also: Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What are the University of Alberta Decision Dates?
The University of Alberta is similar to other Canadian universities in that it notifies applicants of admissions decisions promptly. Generally, applicants learn whether they have been approved within 1 or 2 weeks. You have until May 1 to formally accept your offer and start enrolling in classes after you get it.
In summary, choosing to attend the University of Alberta is a smart move because it offers students a top-notch practical education.
Naturally, you have a good chance of being accepted if your academic record is strong and you are able to articulate your interests and aspirations in relation to the course in your essay.
I hope the information in this article about the school’s acceptance rates and admission standards is what you need.
You Can Apply to this less competitive school: West Point Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
According to official data from US News & World Report, 58 percent of applicants are accepted by the University of Alberta.
The University of Alberta begins accepting applications for admission about a year before the program starts.
The application period for undergraduate admissions begins on October 1 and ends on March 1 for most programs.
Application deadlines for graduate international students are established by certain departments.
The University of Alberta is placed Nō126 in the QS World University Rankings for 2022. The Times Higher Education (THE) World University claims.
The University of Alberta has been placed Nō135 and Nō125 in the 2022 Best Global Universities Rankings published by US News & World Report. Candidates can visit the school website to learn more about the University of Alberta.
Tuition at the University of Alberta for undergraduate programs is as follows: CAD $29,500 – 47,314; Masters Programs with Non-Standard Fees (MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Education):
CAD $5,110 – 28,281; Graduate Programs without Thesis: CAD $1,864.30 for three courses; and PhD Programs: CAD $8,700.
- en.wikipedia.org-University of Alberta
- www.ualberta.ca-Why University of Alberta?
- www.ualberta.ca-Admission Requirements
- collegedunia. com-University of Alberta Admissions 2022
- studyabroad.shiksha.com-University of Alberta FAQs
- bemoacademicconsulting. com-Tuition and funding opportunities
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA